Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Everyone

This is a video that was suggested by another one out there in the blogosphere. (Thanks Dragonflysoul) I am a huge Kirk Franklin fan, so I was surprised that I had missed this.

For me, one of the greatest parts of the video is when Kirk says, "This song is dedicated to people like me." That one phrase speaks volumes to me. You see, everyone has baggage that we are carrying. Everyone has pain in our past (and maybe present) that we are still struggling to let go. Everyone....Everyone....Everyone. Yet, we live in a world where honesty about our weaknesses is mocked, ridiculed, emotionally beaten, and laughed at. Therefore, Everyone hides their pain and does one of two things: 1. Puts on the "Everything is alright" face. OR 2. (Because of all the others that put on the "Everything is alright" face) There are those that hold on to the pain and wonder if they are all alone on this ship that is caught in a hurricane. If you expose your weakness at any given moment, then you hear things like, "Are you sure your cut out to do this job?" Yes, I am speaking of my own pain. I'll tell the story, to open myself to you. There was a season in my life where God graced me with an opportunity to speak from His pulpit. One day I was so moved by my study of the Word of God during the week, that when I brought myself to the pulpit to deliver the message...I wept. I wept for myself, the congregation, Christianity, and the world. After the message, I went to take my usual place on the front pew. When church was over, I did not have too many people come to me (I think they did not know what to say). Later on that day, a member of the congregation came to my house...sat in my living room...looked me in the eye (now I have to be honest, this is where I thought a moment of encouragement was going to take place)...and said, "Are you sure your cut out to do this job?" Oh, the pain that I still feel over that moment. After hearing this song, I now have a way to verbalize how I have been able to move forward everyday after what was said....I try to imagine me. Am I the only one with this kind of story, NO! Everyone has this kind of story. That is why this song is so powerful, because it is saying that no matter what any"one" has done to you, "The One" still loves you and will always be there for you and bring others into your life to help. May God bless you with this song, and may we all find the strength inside to except that we are "Everyone".





"Imagine Me"
Kirk Franklin
(Thank you...For allowing me to see myself the way You see me...Thank you)

Imagine me loving what I see when the mirror looks at me cause I, I imagine me.

In a place, of no insecurities and I'm finally happy cause I imagine me.

Letting go of all of the ones who hurt me cause they never did deserve me, can you imagine me.

Saying no to thoughts that try to control me, remembering all you told me, Lord can you imagine me?

Over what my momma said, and healed from what my daddy did and I wanna live and not read that page again.

(Chorus)
Imagine me, being free, trusting you totally, finally I can imagine me, I admit it was hard to see you being in love with someone like me, finally I can imagine me.

Imagine me

Being strong and not letting people break me down, you won't get that joy this time around. Can you imagine me?

In a world, in a world nobody has to live afraid, because of your love, fear's gone away, can you imagine me.

Letting go of my past and glad I have another chance and my heart will dance cause I don't have to read that page again.

(Repeat Chorus 2x’s)

Kirk talks:
This song is dedicated to people like me, those that struggle with insecurities, acceptance and even self esteem, you never felt good enough, you never felt pretty enough but imagine God whispering in your ear letting you know that everything that has happened is now.

Gone, Gone, Its’ Gone, All Gone
Repeat 8

Kirk’s remarks
( Oh It’s All Gone. Every Sin, Every Mistake, Every Failure Its’ All Gone!
Depression Gone By Faith It’s Gone
Low Self Esteem, Hallelujah Its Gone, All Gone,
It’s Gone All My Scars All My Pain It’s In The Past , Its’ Yesterday Its’ All Gone( Can’t Believe Its’ Gone) What Your Mother Did, What your Father Did, Hallelujah (Its’ Gone All Gone Oh Whoa))

Oh na-na-na-na
Oh na-na-na-na-na-na
Repeat 3 X’s
Oh na-na-na-na-na-na

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when our pastor (well, at the church I never attend) cries. I see that he's a real man, who's in love with God, and sometimes that love moves him to tears.

I think it makes you more than qualified, or "cut out", for the job Brad.

J

Dragonflysoul said...

i know this post is a little older, but i just read this!!!

that song brings me to tears every time i listen to it. many Christian/Gospel songs move me to tears and speak to me. but this song has always had a special place with me - it's like God and KF ripped open my heart and saw everything in there, and then wrote this song, lol.

"i don't have to read that page again" moves me to tears every time. so often we (definitely talking about myself here) hold on to pain from the past (because we don't know how to let go) and keep re-reading pages that have long since been turned by God. God reminds us that there's freedom in Him - we can imagine ourselves as all the things He has destined us to be and see ourselves as He sees us. and know that the past is "gone...all gone."

hallelujah. and amen.